This content was originally published on Farm.com
Do you want to clean your boldt bags? Well, if so, this is the blog post for you. I’m going to tell you how to do it and what tools are needed. If not, then please don’t read any further!
Cleaning Boldt Bags
How to Clean a Boldt Bag
The cleaning of a boldt bag is simple. If you know what you’re doing, it’s not difficult. If you don’t, it is! Remove the lining, leaving behind the large zipper pouch and the spring cord sleeve. You will want to use this as a water container for your machine. Soak the boldtbag in water with a little dish detergent, for about a half hour. Let it drain. Use a cloth to remove any lint or dirt you may have left. Remove the lining and place the boldt bag over the sink. Use a Q-tip to clean the inside of the bag. Just lightly dab it in the detergent.
Tools Needed to Clean a Boldt Bag
This is how it works: You take a clothes brush (cleaning brush is fine) and a washcloth. I know that it may seem excessive, but washing the bag will make it look brand new again.
How to Clean Boldt Bags with the Laundry Brush
- Start by pouring a little bit of dish soap into the bag and make sure the inside is clean (washing your hands, you’ll need to work quickly).
- Then start brushing the bag inside and out to remove the dirt and grime. Make sure to brush the outside edge of the bag too. It’s just as important as the inside.
- Now that the inside of the bag is clean, it’s time to get to the top. I start with the top flap.
- With a soft, well-damped brush, I gently clean the top of the flap. If there’s too much dirt and grime, I’ll go back and clean some more.
Steps to clean your Boldt Bag
I’m starting this post with something that will scare you: a boldt bag is a soft bag made from fabric. It may be black, red, white or any other color. You may have seen some of them in your store or seen people carrying them on the subway. It’s also not a bad idea to leave one of these bags in your store or office if you want to show it off. The problem is that they do not protect the bag from dust or stains and could become a place for bacteria. Boldt bags get dirty very easily. So what’s the best thing you can do with them? You can use them for the following:
- Cleaning your sneakers and shoes.
- Dry cleaning.
- Protecting your bags from strong odors or bacteria and UV rays.
Like I said before, boldt bags are very soft so they can get dirty very fast.