Delicious CBD Dinner recipes
Nothing says comfort food like a baked meal. What about baked dinners with CBD? It’s like a calming, relaxing hug in food form.
Some of the simplest weeknight dinners are the ones that are slipped into the oven, like casseroles, pasta dishes and roasts. If you are a CBD enthusiast, you might want to get your daily dose by incorporating CBD flower into your favorite dinnertime meals.
We have made it easy by providing five of our very favorite oven-baked dinner recipes, which all contain CBD oil that’s easily made using CBD flower.
Cooking with CBD Flower Starts with Making the CBD Flower Oil
Many of these dinners call for a CBD-infused cooking oil that is made with the raw buds of the hemp plant. By making the oil ahead of time in a large batch, you can eliminate one step from the cooking process. This oil recipe is good for up to six months, and easy to add to any cooking recipe.
The recipe calls for one cup of your favorite high-temperature cooking oil and one cup of ground hemp flower (7 to 10 grams). Use a cooking oil with a higher smoke point, such as regular olive oil or avocado oil, as extra virgin olive oil doesn’t do well when baked.
- Decarboxylate the hemp flower to activate the compounds.
- To do this, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, bake the buds for 30 minutes, giving the pan a shake every 10.
- Once removed, grind up the buds into a course mixture.
- Now, pour those coarsely ground buds into one cup of oil, and put into a saucepan.
- Keep the heat on low and stir regularly for 2 and a half hours.
- Then, strain the oil into a bottle or jar, and you are good to go.
Now that you’ve got the oil ready, you can try any of your own recipes, ours below, or find new ones to test out.
5 Dinners with CBD Flower
If there’s one Italian dish that remains a go-to in most households, it’s lasagna. This lasagna recipe hits the spot even more with the perfect amount of hemp to kick in right at the evening hours.
- 1 lb. lasagna noodles
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 package frozen spinach, drained
- 4 tbsp finely ground CBD flower
- 1 large egg
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the lasagna noodles in salted boiling water until pliable. Be careful not to overcook to the point that they become mushy.
- Into an 8×12 casserole dish, pour 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce.
- Spread evenly throughout the bottom.
- Make a single even layer of lasagna noodles, cutting some in half if necessary.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, CBD flower and egg, and salt into a medium mixing bowl.
- Now, use a spatula to create a smooth, thin even layer of this mixture on top of the noodles.
- Top this mixture with a thin layer of pasta sauce.
- Repeat this layering process until you have run out of noodles.
- Top the remaining noodle layer with sauce, and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the cheese is golden-brown.
- Take out of the oven and wait 30 minutes before serving.
CBD Sheet Pan Chicken and Chorizo with Potatoes
All-in-one sheet pan dinners are a weeknight staple, since they are extremely easy and require minimal preparation. This one combines our favorite Spanish flavors with CBD to give you an extra kick.
- 2 lb. chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 lb. cured, dry Spanish chorizo, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 12 small red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 10 asparagus sprigs, bottom ends sliced off
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp CBD flower-infused oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Into a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, using your hands to evenly incorporate them together.
- Pour the mixture out onto an 8×12 sheet pan, in one even layer so everything cooks evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
CBD Pot Roast
Pot roast is an all-American classic, and it really never fails to hit the spot. Serve this CBD-infused pot roast recipe with mashed potatoes and your favorite green vegetable, and you have a weeknight meal that is certain to satisfy you in more ways than one.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 3lb beef roast, thawed
- 1 white onion, sliced coarsely
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1/3 cup CBD flower, coarsely ground
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Place a Dutch oven onto the stove and set at high heat.
- Salt the beef well on all sides, and sear it on each side until browned.
- Remove the beef from the pan and pour in the onions.
- Stir consistently until they have softened.
- Add the red wine and cook at high heat for 60 seconds.
- Then, add the beef stock and thyme.
- Turn off the heat and wait for the liquid to stop bubbling.
- Then, add the CBD flower and the beef.
- Place the Dutch oven into your preheated oven and roast for 2 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Slice and serve, and drizzle with the reduced cooking liquid.
Enchiladas always make the whole family happy, and our recipe makes them incredibly easy, as you need little preparation. Of course, we have infused our enchiladas with CBD, this time in the form of the oil produced by infusing the CBD flower into your favorite cooking oil.
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 12oz bottle store-bought enchilada sauce
- 3 tbsp CBD flower-infused oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Shred the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, corn, and black beans.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and the CBD flower oil.
- One at a time, dip each tortilla into the sauce.
- Then, pour a large spoonful of the chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Roll it up and line each one into an 8×12 casserole dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled-up tortillas in the casserole dish.
- Then, top with a mixture of the two cheeses.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned golden-brown.
- Allow 20 minutes to cool before topping with the scallions.
CBD Chicken Parm
If you are a big fan of chicken parmigiana like we are, this dish sounds almost too good to be true. It lets you indulge in the magical flavor while giving your body a dose of hemp at the same time. As you’ll see, it is a super easy dish that’s great for a busier day of the week.
- 3 tbsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 4 chicken breasts, thawed and sliced in half horizontally to turn each breast into two thin slices (8 pieces total)
- flour for dredging
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp CBD flower-infused oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the flour into a shallow pan.
- Pour the oil into a pan.
- Put the heat on medium-high.
- Salt both sides of the chicken pieces well.
- Then, dredge each side in the flour.
- Place 4 dredged chicken pieces at a time into the hot pan, turning over once the bottom side is golden-brown.
- When the chicken pieces are done, layer them into an 8×12 casserole dish, in one even layer.
- Into a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce and CBD oil.
- Then, pour this mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella and the oregano.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Take out of the oven and wait 15 minutes before serving.