Chronic Pain and Medical Marijuana
It can be tough for you to deal with chronic pain without help. Medical cannabis and pain conditions are closely related regarding minimizing signs you may have been suffering from for a protracted time. Medical pot might provide you significant relief if you struggle with any of the following:
- General non-specific chronic pain– for example, cancer discomfort or chronic neuropathic pain
- Low back pain
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- TMJ disorder
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Fatigue syndrome
- Neck pain
- HIV/AIDS-related pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Central nervous system issues
- Accident and injury-related pain
- …and more
National Academies Report on Chronic Pain
The National Academies’ report, Health Effects of Marijuana and Cannabis-Derived Products Presented in New Report, took a look at information from 1999 on, examining more than 10,000 clinical research studies, of which only seven were straight associated to discomfort relief. One of the seven took a look at information from 28 research studies.
Abrams says the evidence on marijuana and discomfort is greatest for helping nerve discomfort (neuropathy) and cancer-related discomfort. The committee also concluded that certain oral cannabinoids enhanced muscle spasms in clients with multiple sclerosis.
Cannabinoids are one of more than 60 chemicals in the marijuana plant. Abrams states it makes sense that marijuana may assist relieve pain due to the fact that the body has cannabinoid receptors, or places where the chemical connects to cells.
Here is a sampling of research study or reviews published in the previous year:
- Israeli researchers found cannabis offered substantial discomfort relief to over half of 1,200 cancer patients who utilized it for 6 months.
- In an evaluation of 16 released research studies including more than 1,700 participants with chronic nerve discomfort, German scientists discovered that marijuana-based remedies increased the number of individuals who reported a 50% or more decrease in discomfort relief. But they likewise concluded that the dangers might surpass the benefits. Individuals taking marijuana-based remedies were most likely to have sleepiness, lightheadedness, and confusion.
- In a little research study of 47 clients with Parkinson’s disease, Israeli scientists discovered a 27% enhancement in discomfort with marijuana usage.
- Medical marijuana helped to alleviate pain in 26 clients with fibromyalgia, a condition in which the body has” tender” points. Half the clients stopped taking any other medications for fibromyalgia, but 30% did have moderate negative effects.
- A research study from the European Academy of Neurology discovered that cannabinoids given at various dosages alleviated discomfort in migraine patients by 40% or more. It helped cut pain in people with cluster headaches, too, but only if the patient had a history of childhood migraine.
Marijuana and cannabinoids might have modest impacts on the discomfort and muscle spasticity that feature multiple sclerosis, according to an Australian evaluation that looked at 32 research studies.
Visit WedMd for more information on Medical Marijuana and Chronic Pain »
Looking for Something?
Pardon the mess as we are just preparing to launch over the next few weeks and months as your source for THC, CBD etc.
Sign-up for early updates,
releases, & promotions.