Crohn’s Disease Helped by Marijuana
Crohn’s Disease is an inflammatory bowel disease that leads to inflammation of of the digestive tract. The hallmark symptom’s include:
- Abdominal pain
- Extreme diarrhea
- Weight loss
All of these lead to nutritional imbalances which further weaken the body’s defenses, causing the disease and the symptoms to compound. This combination of pain, anxiety, stress caused by the underlying disease becomes debilitating and leads to depression as sufferers are no longer able to rely on their own body’s reactions.
Frequently the search for relief from the symptoms, including avoidance of foods, becomes the focus, missing the underlying disease.
Using Marijuana for Crohn’s disease
Some of the marijuana health advantages in Crohn’s disease symptoms include:
- Minimizing inflammation through anti-inflammatory residential or commercial properties
- Providing discomfort relief through analgesic effects
- Lowering levels of anxiety
- Suppressing queasiness and throwing up
- Increasing hunger
Scientists continue to analyze the connection in between marijuana and Crohn’s disease treatment. Numerous studies indicate cannabis is an effective method to minimize the signs of Crohn’s disease. Here are three separate studies that have yielded encouraging outcomes for Crohn’s illness patients seeking option therapies:
- Marijuana Alleviates Symptoms of Crohn’s Disease: O’Shaughnessy’s, a scientific journal, published a 2005 research study, “Cannabis Alleviates Symptoms of Crohn’s Disease,” that reported that patients saw considerable improvements with the use of marijuana. The study examined 12 surveys finished by Crohn’s illness clients. The participants were asked about their experience utilizing cannabis on an ad-lib basis (at their own leisure).
- Cannabis as a Treatment for Chronic Colonic Inflammation: In 2004, the Journal of Clinical Investigation published a study entitled “The Endogenous Cannabinoid System Protects Against Colonic Inflammation.” It reported that medical marijuana is a powerful anti-inflammatory that “represents a promising restorative target for the treatment of digestive disease conditions defined by extreme inflammatory reactions.”
- Cannabis Improves Disease Activity: In 2011, the Israel Medical Association Journal released a study performed at the Meir Hospital and Kupat Holim Clinic. The study, “Treatment of Crohn’s Disease with Cannabis: An Observational Study,” examined 30 Crohn’s disease patients who consumed marijuana.
The research study’s authors had actually a number of proposed descriptions for the improvement, including the anti-inflammatory benefits of cannabinoids in addition to the basic sense of wellness that consuming marijuana provides.
In another study conducted in 2013, subjects that were treated with medicinal cannabis discovered that their Crohn’s signs entered into remission and even reported increased cravings compared to patients taking a placebo.
Looking for Something?
Pardon the mess as we are just preparing to launch over the next few weeks and months as your source for THC, CBD etc.
Sign-up for early updates,
releases, & promotions.