Here we will cover both pros and cons for you to decide: homemade edibles vs dispensary, and is it cheaper to make your own edibles? With all the complicated measurements and recipes, DIY edibles might be quite time-consuming, but of course, there are advantages and disadvantages between homemade and cannabis-infused edibles that are worth considering when choosing between them.
Cannabis has become quite a hot topic recently, with more and more people discovering the benefits of this plant. Thanks to the passing of the Farm Bill in 2018, the cannabis industry has been developing, and hemp has become more accessible to people not only for medicinal usage but also for recreational. While vaping is still the most popular marijuana delivery method, edibles still stand their ground for those who are not open to smoking or who want a more profound experience.
There are tons of different marijuana edibles, such as gummies, cookies, brownies, cakes, and loads of other treats that people may consume. Marijuana edibles are a great form of ingesting various cannabinoids: they can be bought or be homemade.
There is a wide range of pre-made edibles for every customer to find something to their liking.
- Gummies. Are probably one of the most popular marijuana edibles that come in different flavors, shapes, and colors. They are easy to use and are an excellent option for first-time users.
- Atom Bombs. These are classic sweet candies with a chewy gummy center.
- Chocolate cereal treats. This delicious foody delivers powerful relaxation that will have you feeling amazing.
- Lollipops. A fully modern upgrade of a lollipop, one might say.
- Pot brownies, cookies, and other baked goods are classics.
The variety of delicious edibles sometimes may make one feel confused, so let’s dig into their advantages and disadvantages.
Pros- Apart from their effects buying edibles have some other significant benefits. They are usually sold in easy-to-store resealable packages and available in different cannabis strain.
- Quality- Although the FDA does not regulate marijuana or hemp products, manufacturers still stick to certain quality standards to stay on the market. They would also contain lab-tested CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids, a precise ingredient list, dosage, and usage information, making them very convenient.
- Accurate dosage
- Buying pre-made edibles have a very important advantage which is accurate dosage: you always know how much of what you are taking. Moreover, you can choose the exact cannabinoid content that you want to intake.
- Nevertheless, there are some drawbacks when buying edibles that push people to homemade treats.
- Cost- The first and the most drastic one is how much cannabis edibles cost. A high-quality product cannot be cheap, and when so – it is your own risk what you are intaking. Moreover, if you opt for delivery – there might be additional expenses.
- Many pre-made edibles are loaded with sugar. Ingredients are something you cannot influence when buying ready-made marijuana edibles. Most brands have gluten-free, lactose-free, or vegan options available in their range of edible products. Unfortunately, most store-bought edibles are made with sugar, so if you need to cut them out, you might turn to make something that will suit this necessity of yours.
Making Your Own Edibles
Making your own homemade edibles vs dispensary can be a nice hobby or a fun time with friends. It is time-consuming and also requires some skills, but there are so many options here – let’s dive into them.
Pros- It is hard to conclude that making your own cannabis edibles is 100% better than buying them in shops. Everything comes from your needs, capabilities, and the amount of time that you are ready to spend on this.
- Cost- When cooking your own cannabis edibles, one might say that it is cheaper than store-bought products. Besides, it is great fun to spend your time like that.
- In addition, homemade edibles vs dispensary are completely customizable: you choose what to add or not, and in case you have some allergies or intolerance, it is easy to solve that problem. The variety of recipes also adds to the variety of stuff you can create.
- Obviously, making edibles at home will have its drawbacks. As mentioned, though you save money on the ingredients, you pay with your time spent on this activity.
- Inaccurate dosage
- Making homemade edibles vs dispensary edibles requires exact measurements of the ingredients to get the approximate dosage. However, unlike bought edibles, you will not be aware of the accurate dosage and precise amount of this or that cannabinoid, which makes it more complicated in terms of intake.
- Complicated Testing
- Unlike store-bought edibles, which go through third-party testing, it is hard to determine what is precisely in the homemade edibles and their amount. Thus you can not be entirely sure of what you intake.
Homemade Edibles vs Dispensary
Overall, in terms of whether it is best to make your own homemade edibles vs dispensary comes down to your needs and requirements, availability, and possibilities. No matter what you choose, we are sure you will get an unforgettable and great experience. Use wisely!