Delta 8 THC is a growing submarket within the hemp industry, because it offers properties that are quite unique from other cannabinoids in the hemp plant. Being a minor cannabinoid, it’s only found in about 0.1% of the plant’s total chemical composition, but thanks to advancing technology in the hemp industry, we’ve been able to isolate and concentrate the compound in order to feel its effects like never before.
If you live in the state of Indiana, regardless if its Indianapolis or Evansville, and have been interested in trying delta 8 for yourself, you may have been hesitant due to confusing laws regarding the hemp plant which can vary from state-to-state. It is understandable that one would want to avoid trying something if it put them at risk of getting into trouble with the law.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Indiana?
In the state of Indiana, delta 8 is completely legal. Delta-8 has been legal on a federal level since 2018, as a result of the Farm Bill that made all hemp products legal so long as they are shown to have no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Some states have adjusted these laws by banning certain products or derivatives, but Indiana is not one of those states, as it simply sticks to federal law on hemp.
In Indiana, you can legally purchase delta 8 in any delivery method, and there is no restriction on how much you can possess, or the concentration of delta-8 in a product. In other words, you’re free to access the full delta8 market as you so desire.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Delta 8 comes in a rich array of popular delivery methods, just like cannabidiol. So, we will cover the most popular ones in order for you to then come up with a good idea of the type of routine you’d like to explore.
- Vape Cartridges: The most popular type of delta 8 product, it arrives filled with delta-8 vape oil in various strains and strengths. These carts attach to 510-threaded vape pen devices, and they are disposable and require no maintenance.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Easy to use as they consist of a charged battery pre-attached to a cartridge containing e-liquid. They don’t need to be charged or refilled at any time. You can find them in various popular strains and milligram strengths.
- Tinctures: For sublingual administration; takes the extract of the compound and dilutes it in a carrier oil that’s safe to ingest. These oils come in different milligram strengths, and you can find many tasty flavors as well.
- Edibles: If you want very long-lasting effects, opt for edible products, which can be active for 8 to 10 hours. Can be found in a a rich array of delicious flavors and milligram strengths.
- Capsules: For those who wish to swallow their delta-8 extract as they do their daily supplements. Also, it can produce long-lasting effects like edibles and come in all kinds of concentrations.
- Dabs: Are highly potent concentrates, which are probably not suitable for beginners due to how potent the effects can be. Available in various forms, and are smoked or vaped with a dabbing device.
- Flower: Refers to raw hemp flower infused with a delta 8 concentrate, maximizing the properties of delta-8 while delivering the naturally occurring compounds of the hemp plant in their raw state. You can choose from various strains that are available.
- Topicals: Marketed for localized relief and will not get you high in any sort of way.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Indiana?
Maybe you have already come across delta 8 products in-person in Indiana. But, ultimately, we believe that it’s better to buy it online, and here are some reasons why.
Selection is a good thing when it comes to delta 8, because different products can fulfill different needs. Buying online allows you to explore a huge selection of product options, compared to the products offered in stores, which tend to be limited.
When you shop for delta 8 online, you’ll usually notice that the prices are lower. This largely has to do with the fact that online retailers are not stuck with the high overhead costs that affect physical stores.
Delta 8 THC sold in person may not have the same high standards of quality that you’ll find online. Online retailers have more competition and must go above and beyond to satisfy their customers.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Buying online gives you access to great discounts and special offers around the year, so that these retailers can compete for your attention and move more inventory.
Often, delta 8 purchased online is going to be fresher, and thus more likely to be effective, because online retailers have wider customer bases and therefore have a faster product turnover rate.
Bulk Buying Options
If you want to stock up and save money, you can take advantage of bulk-buying options offered by many online retailers, as these companies can hold more inventory than in-person stores.
Buying your delta 8 online rather than in person saves you the time it would take to get dressed and drive to a store.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
Throughout Indiana, you may find some stores offering delta 8 THC, although we recommend going for online instead. This is because stores that offer it, such as vape shops, may not have high quality standards, and if demand is too low, the products may be sitting on the shelves for too long, while still being more costly than what you’d find online.
Continue Getting the Most Out of Your Delta 8 Experience in the Hoosier State
From South Bend to Gary, hemp enthusiasts who live in Indiana can legally use delta 8 in any delivery method or concentration, to begin a routine with this unique cannabinoid. As you can see, the delta-8 market is growing quickly, and the online market in particular can give you the high-quality, fresh, and affordable products that you’re looking for.