Is Delta 8 Legal in North Carolina?
Delta 8 THC is the newest trend to come out of the hemp market, and it’s proving itself to be highly useful alongside CBD (cannabidiol). Unlike CBD, which is the dominant chemical compound in the hemp plant, delta 8 is only present in about 0.1% of the entire plant, but it’s recently been isolated and concentrated in a way that allows companies to produce products that give us its full potential in terms of its properties. So, you can see why then, residents living in NC, be it Raleigh or Charlotte, are asking this general question: “is delta 8 legal in North Carolina?”
We know fully well that the laws on hemp in general can be confusing from state to state, which is why we’re here to help.
Is Delta 8 Legal in North Carolina?
The good news for North Carolina residents is that delta 8 THC is fully legal. The Farm Bill that passed in 2018 allowed hemp to be legal under federal law, and the law clearly says that all hemp-based products are legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Therefore, delta-8 has actually been legal on a federal level for years.
Since delta 8 has emerged onto the market, some states have outlawed it entirely, while others have restricted sales of specific delivery methods and product types. But, in North Carolina, none of these restrictions exist. In short, state residents can freely access the delta-8 that’s on the market, without restrictions on which delivery methods they buy, the strengths of these products or how many products they can possess at any given time.
What Types of Delta 8 THC Products are Available to Me?
As you’ll see, delta 8 is another compound, like CBD, which can be found in all kinds of delivery methods and formulations. These are the most popular forms in which delta-8 is sold, which will help you build a routine to suit your more precise goals.
- Vape Cartridges: Often referred to simply as, “vape carts”, these products are pre-filled glass cartridges containing delta-8 e-liquid and attach easily to a standard low-wattage vape pen device. They can be found in a wide array of strengths and strains, not to mention extremely easy to operate.
- Disposable Vape Pens: No doubt becoming extremely popular, mainly due to being a user-friendly way to inhale the delta-8 compound. These disposables are fully assembled devices that require no recharging or refilling. Not only that, they come in different strains and strengths as well.
- Tinctures: Consists of delta-8 extract diluted in a carrier oil, and they’re administered under the tongue for sublingual absorption. You can find them in a wide range of milligram strengths, and many are flavored.
- Edibles: If you want to ingest your delta-8 for long-lasting effects, try d8 edibles, with gummies being the most popular. These edibles come in all kinds of milligram strengths and flavors, while also producing effects for up to 10 hours.
- Capsules: Easy to take as they are consumed just like supplements, and contain minimal ingredients, while also producing very long-lasting effects.
- Dabs: These are concentrates that contain high potency levels, making them better suited for experienced users. They are vaped or inhaled with a special dabbing device made for concentrates.
- Flower: Delta-8 flower is what you get when you infuse the raw buds of hemp with delta 8 extract. They come in an abundant variety of strains, and can be smoked, vaporized, or sometimes used for cooking.
- Topicals: Absorb through the skin to offer localized properties to the joints and muscles. Therefore, delta-8 topical solutions really cannot get you high.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 THC in North Carolina?
Delta 8 THC is growing in popularity, and as a result, some stores in North Carolina are beginning to carry delta-8 products. While shopping in-person may be tempting, the reality is that buying it online is almost always the better way to go and here are some key reasons why.
It is always good to have a wide selection of delta 8 products to choose from, as different products can suit different needs. Buying delta-8 in a store can leave you with a limited selection of products, while buying online lets you explore the wide array of formulations and delivery methods that are available.
Buying delta 8 online can save you money, because these businesses don’t have the higher overhead costs that come with running a physical store.
Delta 8 that is sold online tends to be higher in quality due to a more competitive marketplace, and because you can easily reference the quality through lab reports available on company websites.
Amazing Discounts and Special Offers
Shopping for delta-8 online gives you access to special offers throughout the calendar year, as these companies need to move inventory more quickly to make room for more.
When delta-8 has been sitting for too long, it loses its potency. Online retailers have faster turnover rates, therefore increasing the chances of a fresh product.
Bulk Buying Options
Buying delta 8 online lets you buy in bulk at a discount, because these retailers hold more inventory.
Purchasing your delta 8 online is convenient since you can make your purchase while sitting on your couch.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
Buying delta 8 in-person may sound convenient, especially if you live in places like Asheville, Chapel Hill, Durham, or even Greensboro but ultimately, you’re less likely to find what you want for a solid routine. Overall, the products tend to be less fresh and of a lower quality, while the prices are higher. Therefore, online is almost always the way to go.
Get the Most Outta Your Delta 8 THC Experience in the Tar Heel State!
Throughout the state of North Carolina, delta 8 THC is fully legal in all of its forms. Therefore, we encourage you to check out the high-quality d8 formulas widely available online to find a high-quality and effective product for your daily routine.
Keep in mind, that not only is delta 8 THC a legalized cannabinoid, but so are other hemp derivatives such as hemp-derived delta 9 THC, delta 10 THC, THC-O, THC-V, THC-P, HHC, etc. in the state of North Carolina.