Delta 8 THC is the newest trend to come out of the hemp market, and it’s proving itself to be highly useful alongside CBD (cannabidiol). Unlike CBD, which is the dominant chemical compound in the hemp plant, delta 8 is only present in about 0.1% of the entire plant, but it’s recently been isolated and concentrated in a way that allows companies to produce products that give us its full potential in terms of its properties. Delta-8 is now offered in all kinds of delivery methods, just like cannabidiol.
Residents living in North Carolina, be it Raleigh or Charlotte, may be hesitant to find delta 8 because they’re not sure as to whether or not it’s legal where they live. We know fully well that the laws on hemp in general can be confusing from state to state, which is why we’re here to help.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in North Carolina?
The good news for North Carolina residents is that delta 8 is fully legal. The Farm Bill that passed in 2018 allowed hemp to be legal under federal law, and the law clearly says that all hemp-based products are legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Therefore, delta-8 has actually been legal on a federal level for years.
Since delta 8 has emerged onto the market, some states have outlawed it entirely, while others have restricted sales of specific delivery methods and product types. But, in North Carolina, none of these restrictions exist. In short, state residents can freely access the delta-8 that’s on the market, without restrictions on which delivery methods they buy, the strengths of these products or how many products they can possess at any given time.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
As you’ll see, delta 8 is another compound, like CBD, which can be found in all kinds of delivery methods and formulations. These are the most popular forms in which delta-8 is sold, which will help you build a routine to suit your more precise goals.
- Vape Cartridges: Conveniently pre-filled with delta 8 e-liquid, and they’re compatible with 510-threaded low-wattage pen devices. They come in all kinds of strengths and strains and are extremely easy to use among those who want to vape the cannabinoid.
- Disposable Vape Pens: For an even more user-friendly and zero maintenance option, disposable vape pens are the away to go as these devices consist of a fully-charged battery that lasts until the e-liquid in the cartridge runs out. These vaping systems come in a wide range of strains and strengths.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are administered orally, under the tongue, where they absorb through the sublingual tissue. Also, easy to administer and dose out thanks to the dropper cap that comes with the bottle. Available in a wide range of milligram strengths and flavors.
- Edibles: Ingestible products infused with delta 8 THC extract. They can be purchased in a multitude of milligram strengths and flavors. Offer long-lasting effects that can be around 8 to 10 hours depending on how much you take for a dose.
- Capsules: Encapsulated delta 8 oil, which are easy to portion out, and come in a wide range of milligram strengths. Gel caps are also very long-lasting, and the effects may happen more quickly as there are fewer ingredients to be processed by the body.
- Dabs: Delta 8 dabs are concentrates with high potency levels that make them better for more advanced users. They are smoked or vaped with a dabbing device and offer particularly strong effects.
- Flower: Raw CBD flower infused with delta 8 concentrate, offering the full properties of the hemp plant plus the effects of delta 8 THC. You can smoke or vape flower, and choose between a rich array of strains, as well as both pre-roll and loose bud options.
- Topicals: Topical formulas infused with delta-8. They do not promote psychoactive effects, as they’re for localized relief.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 in North Carolina?
Delta 8 is growing in popularity, and as a result, some stores in North Carolina are beginning to carry delta-8 products. While shopping in-person may be tempting, the reality is that buying it online is almost always the better way to go and here are some key reasons why.
It is always good to have a wide selection of delta 8 products to choose from, as different products can suit different needs. Buying delta-8 in a store can leave you with a limited selection of products, while buying online lets you explore the wide array of formulations and delivery methods that are available.
Buying delta 8 online can save you money, because these businesses don’t have the higher overhead costs that come with running a physical store.
Delta 8 that is sold online tends to be higher in quality due to a more competitive marketplace, and because you can easily reference the quality through lab reports available on company websites.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Shopping for delta-8 online gives you access to special offers throughout the calendar year, as these companies need to move inventory more quickly to make room for more.
When delta 8 has been sitting for too long, it loses its potency. Online retailers have faster turnover rates, therefore increasing the chances of a fresh product.
Bulk Buying Options
Buying delta 8 THC online lets you buy in bulk at a discount, because these retailers hold more inventory.
Purchasing your delta 8 online is convenient since you can make your purchase while sitting on your couch.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
Buying delta 8 in-person may sound convenient, especially if you live in places like Asheville, Chapel Hill, Durham, or even Greensboro but ultimately, you’re less likely to find what you want for a solid routine. Overall, the products tend to be less fresh and of a lower quality, while the prices are higher. Therefore, online is almost always the way to go.
Get the Most Out of Your Delta 8 Experience in the Tar Heel State!
Throughout the state of North Carolina, delta 8 THC is fully legal in all of its forms. Therefore, we encourage you to check out the high-quality delta 8 formulas widely available online to find a high-quality and effective product for your daily routine.