Is Delta 8 Legal in Puerto Rico?
Delta 8 THC is the new cannabinoid that everyone is talking about because of its properties that are quite unique from CBD and other hemp-derived compounds that many of us are familiar with. It is a mildly psychoactive compound that results from delta 9 THC which has aged in the hemp plant, and while it’s only a minorly occurring compound in the plant’s chemical composition, it’s now being isolated and concentrated so that we can experience its effects in a more potent way. So, if you live in PR, you might be wondering whether or not – is delta 8 legal in Puerto Rico?
Is Delta 8 Legal in Puerto Rico?
As it turns out, delta 8 THC is fully legal in Puerto Rico. This is because Puerto Rico adheres to federal law when it comes to cannabis. Back in 2018, United States Congress passed the Farm Bill, which legalized the hemp plant along with its individual cannabinoids, with one restriction: no hemp product can have more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Therefore, delta-8 has been legal since this piece of legislation was passed.
Puerto Rico does not restrict the use of certain types of delta 8 products, nor does it have a limit on how much a person can buy, or how strong the products can be in terms of their delta-8 content.
What Types of Delta 8 THC Products are Available to Me?
Like CBD, delta 8 comes in a wide range of product types. We’ll go over the most popular ones in order for you to have a better idea of what to look for when getting ready to give delta 8 a try.
- Vape Cartridges: Filled with delta 8 e-liquid in various strains and milligram strengths. Each cart is disposable and compatible with 510-threaded vape pens made for hemp e-juices.
- Disposable Vape Pens: A user-friendly option as they require no maintenance or the use of any buttons. They come with a battery that lasts until the e-liquid in the cartridge runs out, and also come in various strains and milligram strengths.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 extract diluted in a carrier oil, and are absorbed through the sublingual tissue, which is below the tongue. You can find them in many different concentrations as well as flavor options.
- Edibles: Food products infused with delta-8 extract, and gummies are the most sought-after of all. They are available in all kinds of tasty flavors, and they offer long-lasting effects compared to other methods.
- Capsules: An alternative to edibles as they also promote long-lasting effects and are ingested. They come in many different strengths.
- Dabs: Concentrates that are naturally higher in potency and are inhaled via a dabbing device.
- Flower: Hemp flower that has been infused with delta 8 and is used just like traditional flower. You can find many different strains and choose between loose buds and pre-rolls.
- Topicals: Absorb into the muscles and joints, and therefore do not produce psychoactive effects.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 THC in Puerto Rico?
Let’s now talk about your best options when the time comes to buy delta 8. While you may find that some stores in your neighborhood are starting to carry delta-8 products, ultimately, your best bet is to shop for it online, for reasons we will discuss now.
Shopping for delta 8 online lets you explore a wider selection of products to choose from, which helps you ensure that your routine is totally suited to your most precise needs, preferences, and goals.
Buying delta 8 online gives you access to better prices as well, because online companies do not have to deal with the heavy overhead costs that come with running a physical location of business.
You will find that many online companies have higher quality standards than physical retailers, and this is because the online marketplace is far more competitive, and the customers are far more knowledgeable when it comes to delta 8 and hemp in general.
Amazing Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers typically offer great discounts throughout the year in order to get new customers to see their products. Of course, this results in a great deal of savings for you, the customer.
Delta 8 products sold online tend to be fresher because of the higher turnover rate that comes with selling in the online marketplace. Freshness is an especially important factor as products that are not fresh may not be as effective.
Bulk Buying Options
Purchasing delta 8 online lets you buy in bulk at a discounted price, as online companies can hold more inventory and therefore make this option available.
Without a doubt, buying delta 8 online lets you enjoy a more convenient way to shop. You can sit on your couch while exploring a huge variety of quality products.
Why In-Person Shopping May Not Be Ideal
As delta 8 continues to grow in popularity, it will be more common to come across different types of delta-8 products while you’re out shopping in your neighborhood. But, if you find it in-person, such as in a gas station or vape shop, you may want to think twice before making a purchase. Often, these businesses are not screening for quality because they lack the knowledge to do so.
Also, the selections of products tend to be limited, while those said products may have been on those shelves for an exceedingly long time due to low product turnover.
Glad to See the Island of Enchantment Allows For Delta 8 THC Use
From San Juan to Ponce, Puerto Ricans can freely dabble in delta 8 THC without risk of legal consequence. Again, this island recognizes delta-8 as a legal compound derived from the hemp plant. This means that you can begin to build a routine as you so desire without any real restrictions. For the best delta 8 on the market today, shop online, where you will find high-quality, fresh and affordable goods for your daily regimen.
Keep in mind, that not only is delta 8 THC a legalized cannabinoid, but so are other hemp derivatives such as hemp-derived delta 9 THC, delta 10 THC, THC-O, THC-V, THC-P, HHC, etc. in Puerto Rico.