Is Delta 8 Legal in South Carolina?
In case you haven’t heard, delta 8 THC continues taking over the hemp market, offering mild psychoactive properties while being derived from the hemp plant rather than the marijuana plant, which remains federally illegal. Delta 8 is a minor cannabinoid in hemp that’s expertly isolated and concentrated. That way, we can feel the full potential of its fascinating effects. Now, if you’re a South Carolina resident who’s interested in giving this cannabinoid a try, then you gotta read on.
Is Delta 8 Legal in South Carolina?
Delta 8 THC is legal in the state of South Carolina. In fact, the minor cannabinoid has been legal since 2018, when Congress passed the Farm Bill, legalizing the hemp plant and all of its derivatives except for delta 9 THC. South Carolina has always adhered to federal law when it comes to the hemp plant, which is why residents of this state have no restrictions when it comes to how they take delta 8.
While delta 8 is federally legal, not all states have allowed it to be used by citizens. At the time of this article being published, 15 states have banned delta-8, but South Carolina is fortunately not one of them.
Types of Delta 8 Products
As you’re about to see, delta 8 THC comes in a wide array of product types, just like the hemp products that you’re used to. Here is where we will cover the main types of delta 8 products to help you figure out how you’d like to explore this cannabinoid.
- Vape Cartridges: Pre-filled with delta-8 vape oil, available in many unique strains and milligram strengths. The cartridges are disposable and are made to attach to any standard low-wattage CBD vape pen device.
- Disposable Vape Pens: All-in-one devices with a pre-filled cartridge and a pre-charged battery that lasts until the e-liquid runs out. They are great for beginners due to how easy they are to use and maintain.
- Tinctures: Absorb sublingually, below the tongue. They come in many different strengths and flavors and come in dropper bottles of easy dosing and administering.
- Gummies & Edibles: Let us ingest the compound for hours of effectiveness and can be purchased in numerous flavors and strengths.
- Capsules: Absorb more quickly due to containing fewer ingredients. You can find them in many strengths.
- Dabs: Concentrates, such as shatter, wax, and rosin. They’re inhaled with a special dabbing device, and are extremely potent, therefore being best for beginners.
- Flower & Pre-Rolls: CBD flower that has been infused with a delta-8 concentrate. You can choose from many strains as well as both pre-rolls and loose buds.
- Topicals (Skin, Health & Beauty): Absorb through the skin and stay localized to the muscles and joints beneath, therefore not being psychoactive.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 in South Carolina?
If you want to purchase delta 8 THC in South Carolina, your best bet is to shop for it online rather than looking for it in a store near you. Now, we will cover the numerous reasons why most hemp enthusiasts agree that online shopping is the way to go.
Buying delta 8 online allows you to choose from a massive variety of products, rather than being stuck with only what is on the shelf of a nearby store. This gives you the ability to personalize a routine according to your most precise needs.
Online retailers generally offer products at more affordable prices, which is directly tied to the fact that these businesses aren’t stuck with the high overhead costs that come with running a physical store and can therefore sell products more cheaply.
Online retailers usually have higher standards of quality because customers that shop online are usually more discerning, and because the online marketplace is simply far more competitive.
Amazing Discounts and Special Offers
A lot of online retailers offer great discounts and special offers to lure in new customers, and to help inventory move more quickly. This can certainly benefit you as it allows you to save quite a bit.
You’ll almost always find that buying delta 8 online allows you to enjoy fresher products, as the faster turnover rate that online retailers have means that products move more quickly. Fresher products are more bioavailable, thus giving you better results overall.
Bulk Buying Options
A lot of companies online offer bulk-buying options, in which you buy a higher volume of product for a discounted price. Online companies can make this option available because they hold more inventory than local stores.
Buying delta 8 products online rather than in-person is more convenient, because you don’t need to leave your house to purchase quality delta 8, and simply wait for it to arrive at your door.
Why In-Person Shopping May Not Be Ideal
Delta 8 THC may be found in a local business such as a vape shop or gas station, and if you do run into delta 8 in one of these locations, you may wish to avoid it. Delta 8 sold in a store that doesn’t specialize in hemp can disappoint, as the business owner simply doesn’t know the ins and outs of delta 8, and can therefore be carrying a low-quality product without knowing it. To make things more complicated, low demand in your area means that the product may have been sitting on a shelf for a long time.
The Palmetto State is Full of Delta 8 Options!
Whether you’re in a big city like Charleston or Myrtle Beach, delta 8 THC is fully legalized in South Carolina, and many residents are already maintaining daily routines with this unique cannabinoid from the hemp plant. If you want to get your hands on quality delta 8 goods to explore its properties for yourself, look at the many exciting products that exist in the online marketplace, where you can be assured that the quality is high, and the formulas are as fresh as can be.
Keep in mind, that not only is delta 8 THC a legalized cannabinoid, but so are other hemp derivatives such as hemp-derived delta 9 THC, delta 10 THC, THC-O, THC-V, THC-P, HHC, etc. in the state of South Carolina.