Is Delta 8 Legal in West Virginia?
The hemp industry has really climbed high in the state of West Virginia, where residents of Parkersburg, Morgantown and other areas have found useful ways to incorporate hemp products into their daily routines. There is a new cannabinoid to hit the hemp market, however, and its delta 8 THC. You see, delta 8 is recognized for its mild psychoactive properties, but the compound offers a lot more than that – mainly, it works with the endocannabinoid receptors in the body’s nervous system to promote specific effects that may be particularly helpful. Not surprising then, that citizens are asking the question, is delta 8 legal in West Virginia, and if so, which products can they try?
Is Delta 8 Legal in West Virginia?
Before we talk about where you can buy delta 8 in the state of West Virginia, we need to discuss its legality, because state laws can be confusing when it comes to hemp-related matters. In short, West Virginia law recognizes delta-8 as a legal compound. This is because the state complies with federal law when it comes to hemp. Federal law declared hemp to be legal back in 2018, stating that all hemp-derived products are legal as long as they contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC.
In West Virginia, you can legally buy delta-8 products in any form without any restrictions on concentration or possession amount.
What Types of Delta 8 THC Products are Available to Me?
Delta 8 exists in hemp in only about 0.1% of the plant’s chemical composition, but we have since extracted and concentrated the compound to make products that highlight its capabilities. So, just like CBD, delta 8 can be purchased in a wide array of product types. Let’s now go over the most popular types of delta 8 products on the market so that you can get an idea of how you’d like to explore the cannabinoid.
- Vape Cartridges: Most popular type of delta 8 product, as they are disposable, come in various strains and strengths, and are reliable. They contain e-liquid infused with delta-8 extract and are compatible with 510-threaded low-wattage vape pen devices.
- Disposable Vape Pens: All-in-one systems containing e-liquid and a pre-charged battery that never needs to be recharged. Disposables also come in a variety of strains and milligram strengths.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 extract diluted in a carrier oil, that is administered beneath the tongue. They come in many different concentrations, and you can choose from different flavors as well.
- Edibles: Offer a way to ingest the compound for very long-lasting effects. Edibles allow you to choose from numerous flavors as well as milligram strengths.
- Capsules: Also promote very long-lasting effects and come in capsule form for easy dosing.
- Dabs: Concentrates that have highly potent levels of delta 8 THC and other hemp compounds. They are inhaled using a dabbing device, and come in various forms such as rosin, wax, shatter, and sauce.
- Flower: CBD flower infused with delta 8 concentrate. You can choose loose buds or pre-rolls, with each coming in various strains.
- Topicals: Applied to the skin to absorb into the tissue of the muscles and joints. They are not psychoactive when applied in this manner.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 in West Virginia?
Now we can discuss where you should go to acquire the best-quality delta 8 products possible. While you may come across delta-8 being sold in your local area, it’s better to buy it online for these reasons.
When you choose to buy delta 8 online, you have access to a massive variety of products, with all kinds of varying factors that determine your ultimate experience. Selection is important as we all have different goals and preferences when it comes to how we take our delta-8.
Usually, delta 8 THC sold online is priced more affordably than that which is sold in stores. This is mainly because of the fact that online companies don’t have to cover the high overhead costs associated with running a physical store.
Delta 8 THC sold online usually adheres to stricter quality standards, because the online marketplace is far more competitive, and its customers are far more knowledgeable.
Amazing Discounts and Special Offers
Most online companies offer great deals and special offers around the year, which helps them to lure in customers away from the competition. Of course, this results in big savings.
Delta 8 that is sold online is more likely to be fresh, and therefore effective, because online companies have more customers and therefore have a faster product turnover rate.
Bulk Buying Options
When shopping online, you’ll encounter bulk purchase options that let you grab high volumes of product at discounted prices. This is because online companies hold more inventory.
Shopping online is undoubtedly a more convenient way to acquire delta 8, because you can lounge comfortably on your couch while stocking up on quality products.
Why In-Person Shopping May Not Be Ideal
At the end of the day, buying delta 8 THC in person rather than online may leave you disappointed. The types of stores in your area that may carry some delta 8 products are stores that don’t actually specialize in hemp, such as convenience stores and vape shops. Therefore, these products may not have the quality level you’re looking for, because the business owner doesn’t understand what goes into making quality goods.
On top of that, you will likely have only a limited selection of products to choose from, making it hard to personalize your routine based on your needs. Also, those products may be sitting on the shelf for a long time due to low demand in your area.
Enjoy Delta 8 in the Mountain State Today!
Good news everyone, since delta 8 THC is completely legal throughout West Virginia, you can explore it in all of its exciting forms without risk of getting into trouble with the law. Delta-8 is more widely available than ever before, but if your goal is to buy the highest-quality, freshest products available, consider shopping online.
Keep in mind, that not only is delta 8 THC a legalized cannabinoid, but so are other hemp derivatives such as hemp-derived delta 9 THC, delta 10 THC, THC-O, THC-V, THC-P, HHC, etc. in the state of West Virginia.