Can I Get Weed Delivery in San Francisco?
California was one of the first states in America to make recreational cannabis use legal to all above the age of 20, which means that it has one of the most thriving weed markets in the country. Many businesses have developed innovative strategies to make cannabis as accessible as possible, and one of the greatest innovations to take place has been the weed delivery service business model. It’s quite simple. Just by using your phone to order specific cannabis products; shortly after, they show up at your door. They are packaged perfectly and ready to be enjoyed. Sounds pretty nice, doesn’t it? So, you might be wondering how you can take advantage of weed delivery in San Francisco. Well, we are here to help.
Weed Delivery in San Francisco: What are the Benefits?
So, why bother with weed delivery when so many dispensaries are accessible throughout the city of San Francisco?
Well, the same reason why we order a pizza, or choose to buy a new outfit online rather than go to a store. Let’s be real – Americans like things delivered to them, because it requires far less effort than getting dressed, getting into a car and driving somewhere.
Weed delivery is exactly as convenient as it sounds, requiring a few buttons on the phone to end up with a new stash ready to go at your doorstep. Plus, it’s particularly useful to those who are disabled in some way, as this population may not as easily be capable of getting to a dispensary on a regular basis. As many people who use marijuana medicinally have varying forms of disability, weed delivery is a dream come true.
Is Weed Delivery Legal in San Francisco?
California legalized cannabis back in 2016, and it’s been a good seven years of the business expanding and booming. California also legalized weed delivery pretty early on, recognizing its unique advantages, especially to those who are disabled and require marijuana for medical reasons. Therefore, weed delivery is a completely legal business throughout the state of California, including the city of San Francisco.
Keep in mind, however, that you still need to be at least 21 years of age to legally purchase weed via delivery or through other means. Don’t both either trying to get away with it, because photo IDs are required upon purchase.
How to Choose the Best Weed Delivery Service in San Francisco
There are a couple of key ways to obtain weed through a delivery service in San Francisco.
- One option is to go with a third-party app which provides you with a database of marijuana products from a number of local dispensaries. This gives you a wide selection of products to choose from, which is favorable to many. But these services to charge a fee, either to you or by taking a cut out of the dispensary’s profits, so keep that in mind.
- Another option is ordering directly from the dispensary that you prefer, as many today offer delivery options. Bear in mind, however, that not all do, so keep this in mind before stocking up on products via your cart. If they do offer it, you will have a smaller selection to choose from, but won’t have to pay a fee, or risk their business getting a chunk of money taken out of the sales.
Process of Ordering Weed for Delivery in San Francisco
So, what’s the process of ordering weed for delivery in the city of San Francisco? Let’s share the steps involved for both methods.
Method #1: Via a Third-Party App
If you decide to go the third-party app route, first you’ll need to upload your photo ID as well as your information including your payment information, your address and your phone number. Then, you can see the various weed products that are available in your area and fill up your cart as though you were simply shopping online. Upon checking out, you will be told what the delivery time window is so that you can be ready when your new stash arrives at your doorstep.
Method #2: Via a Local Dispensary
If you wish to order your cannabis using your local dispensary’s delivery service, then you’ll need to first double-check that they make this option available, so you don’t waste time filling up a cart. From there, you can add items to your cart just like you were shopping online for food delivery or clothing. Once you’re done, check out by providing your payment information, photo ID, address, and phone number. Again, you will be given a delivery time window so that you can have an idea of when your items will arrive.
Things to Keep in Mind When Using a Weed Delivery Service
Just like any new service out there, these are just some things to be aware of.
- Never choose a delivery service that doesn’t have any reviews, because there are plenty of people trying to take your money by posing as a weed delivery service.
- Be careful about giving out your payment information until you know that a business is verified to fulfill this service.
- Sometimes delivery times can be longer than others, depending on local traffic. Consider the distance of the dispensary that you’re buying from when determining how long it will take for your order to arrive. Be accepting when traffic does cause the delivery to arrive a little later, as it’s rarely the fault of the delivery driver.
- Most of these services do allow you to tip the delivery person, so if you’re feeling generous, consider doing so. A little bit can go a long way, especially when you’re driving through San Francisco traffic.
Another Way to Be Able to Enjoy this San Francisco Treat
Weed delivery is one of the greatest modern inventions of the cannabis industry, and many people in San Francisco and throughout California are taking advantage of it. Choose the ideal service and enjoy the convenience of having fresh bud brought to your door with almost zero effort on your part.