How does medical marijuana work?
- THC can boost hunger and also decrease nausea or vomiting. THC may likewise lower discomfort, swelling (swelling and also inflammation), as well as muscle control issues.
- Unlike THC, CBD is a cannabinoid that doesn’t make individuals “high.” These medications aren’t popular for recreational usage due to the fact that they aren’t intoxicating. It may serve in decreasing pain as well as swelling, controlling epileptic seizures, as well as possibly also treating mental disorder as well as dependencies.
The NIH and Medical Marijuana
The NIH offers a list of studies and updates on different conditions that have shown interest and progress in the use of medical marijuana. They include, but are not limited to:
- Helping To Decrease Opioid Use
- HIV/AIDS Symptoms
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Movement Disorders Due to Tourette Syndrome
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nausea and Vomiting Related to Cancer Chemotherapy
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep Problems
You can review the full article here: Cannabis (Marijuana) and Cannabinoids: What You Need To Know
Medical Marijuana Research
Research, including some backed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), are continuing to discover the possible uses of THC, CBD, and also other cannabinoids for clinical treatment.
Recent animal studies have revealed that marijuana extracts may help kill specific cancer cells and also shrink tumors.
The FDA has not approved the cannabis plant for any medical use. However, the FDA has approved several drugs that contain individual cannabinoids.
- Epidiolex, which contains a purified form of CBD derived from cannabis, was approved for the treatment of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome, two rare and severe forms of epilepsy.
- Marinol and Syndros, which contain dronabinol (synthetic THC), and Cesamet, which contains nabilone (a synthetic substance similar to THC), are approved by the FDA. Dronabinol and nabilone are used to treat nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy. Dronabinol is also used to treat loss of appetite and weight loss in people with HIV/AIDS.
Looking for Something?
Pardon the mess as we are just preparing to launch over the next few weeks and months as your source for THC, CBD etc.
Sign-up for early updates,
releases, & promotions.