- Prep Time15 minutes
- Cook Time35 minutes
Skillet lasagna is a simplified and time-saving twist on the classic Italian dish, delivering equally delicious results. With this recipe, you can enjoy all the flavors and comfort of traditional lasagna with a fraction of the effort. So grab your skillet and let's get cooking!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Going Step by Step
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until the beef is browned and the onion is softened.
- Drain any excess fat from the skillet.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Add the broken lasagna noodles to the skillet, ensuring they are evenly distributed. Press them gently into the sauce.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet, and let it cook for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the noodles are tender, remove the skillet from heat. Dollop spoonfuls of ricotta cheese over the top, followed by a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella.
- Cover the skillet again and let it sit for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- Give it a try and enjoy!
- Feel free to customize your skillet lasagna by adding your favorite vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach.
- For an extra kick, sprinkle some red pepper flakes or grated Parmesan cheese on top before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
We are sure you are a perfect cook! Nonetheless, do remember to pay attention to the amount of Skillet Lasagna you consume: it should always be modified based on the strength of your product and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so it is strongly recommended to start with one portion of a serving. After one or two hours, listen to your body and decide whether to consume more. It is not recommended to drive or operate any machinery when taking edibles. Use responsibly!