THC Infused Tomato Soup
- Prep Time15 minutes
- Cook Time30 minutes
This delicious THC infused tomato soup recipe is perfect for anyone who loves tomatoes. The acidity of the fruit helps to mask the prominent cannabis flavor, resulting in a flavorful and enjoyable edible. Whether you choose to eat it alone or pair it with a grilled cheese sandwich, this soup is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 ounces (800g) canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Going Step by Step
- In a large pot, melt the cannabutter over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic becomes fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the canned crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth. Stir well to combine.
- Add the sugar, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir again.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend in batches until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids.
- Return the pot to low heat and stir in the heavy cream. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the THC infused tomato soup into bowls and garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Give it a try and enjoy!
- To make cannabutter, simply melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and add decarboxylated cannabis.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the mixture through a cheesecloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Allow the cannabutter to cool and solidify before use.
- Adjust the strength of your THC infused tomato soup by modifying the amount of cannabutter you use.
- Start with a small amount and gradually increase if desired.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Remember to consume THC infused edibles responsibly and be mindful of your desired potency.
We are sure you are a perfect cook! Nonetheless, do remember to pay attention to the amount of THC infused tomato soup you consume: it should always be modified based on the strength of your product and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so it is strongly recommended to start with one portion of a serving. After one or two hours, listen to your body and decide whether to consume more. It is not recommended to drive or operate any machinery when taking edibles. Use responsibly!