It has been several years since hemp first became a popular industry in the United States, and since CBD first hit the scene around a decade ago, scientists have worked hard to develop ways to explore other compounds that exist in the hemp plant. One of the most sought-after hemp-derived compounds of the moment is delta 8 THC, which is quite unique from cannabidiol and other popular compounds, largely due to its mildly psychoactive nature. Delta 8 occurs in 0.1% of the hemp plant, but now, we have come up with ways to isolate the compound so we can explore its effects in a more concentrated manner.
If you live in the state of Georgia, you might be wondering whether or not delta 8 is legal where you live, say in Atlanta or Savannah . We know that the laws can get complicated depending on the state in which you reside. So, we’re here to help by offering a complete guide to the legality of delta-8 in Georgia, plus the type of delta8 products you can buy. This way, you will finally know where you stand.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Georgia?
To answer the question, yes, delta 8 is legal in the state of Georgia. When the 2018 Farm Bill was passed in the United States, this piece of legislation determined that all hemp products, including individual cannabinoids, were legal as long as they did not contain more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. This meant that delta 8 could be sold legally on a federal level.
Some states have exercised their rights to ban the compound, but Georgia is not one of them. In this state, residents ranging from places like Athens to Norcross are free to purchase delta-8, regardless of the concentration, delivery method, or amount that they wish to purchase at any given time.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Now that we’ve established that delta 8 is totally legal in Georgia, let’s take a look at the specific types of delivery methods that you can find when shopping for this cannabinoid. As you’ll see, delta-8 comes in many of the same forms in which you can buy CBD, thus allowing you to really personalize a routine based on your southern-styled delta8 goals.
- Vape Cartridges: Extremely popular because they are disposable and offer an easy way to vape the compound into the body. Available in all kinds of strains and strengths, these carts are also compatible with standard 510-threaded low-wattage vape pens.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Maintenance-free devices as the battery doesn’t need to be charged, nor does the cartridge need to be refilled. You can choose from various strains and strengths.
- Tinctures: Available in many milligram strengths and flavors, these formulas dilute delta 8 extract in a carrier oil, and they are absorbed through the sublingual tissue, meaning beneath the tongue.
- Edibles: For a more long-lasting experience, you can try edible products, including gummies. Delta 8 edibles allow you to ingest the compound, which can deliver effects for up to 10 hours. Choose from all kinds of tasty flavors, as well as different concentrations.
- Capsules: These come in all kinds of milligram strengths, and are ingested like edibles, but contain fewer ingredients. They’re easy to incorporate into your routine as each gel cap is taken just like a supplement.
- Dabs: Then, there are concentrates, referred to as dabs, which allow you to inhale the compound in a very potent form, making these products best for experienced enthusiasts. These come in various consistencies, including wax and shatter, and are inhaled with a special type of dabbing device.
- Flower: Consists of raw CBD flower that’s been infused with delta-8 extract. It comes in a variety of strains, and you can find loose buds and pre-roll options on the market.
- Topicals: Absorb through the skin to reach the joints and muscles, while offering a more localized type of effect. This means that it is unlikely you will experience psychoactive properties when using this delivery method.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Georgia?
If you are ready to buy delta 8 THC in Georgia, read this first. We are going to go over the various reasons why it may be ideal to shop for the compound online rather than in-person.
Buying delta 8 THC in person can leave you limited to just a few types of products that are not totally suitable for your needs, while shopping for it online allows you to explore every delta 8 product that exists on the market.
Purchasing delta 8 in person can leave you spending more money to cover the store’s overhead costs, including rent. Buying online usually offers more affordable prices because these overhead costs do not exist.
Usually, delta 8 that is sold online is made with higher quality standards. The online market is highly competitive, and so retailers must work hard to ensure that their products really are the best.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
You are more likely to come across great deals and special offers when buying online, because online retailers are more competitive, and because they need to move inventory more quickly.
Usually, buying delta 8 online gives you fresher inventory because the delta 8 companies that sell online have faster product turnover rates as they reach more customers. This is important, because once delta 8 is no longer fresh, it’s not as potent or effective.
Bulk Buying Options
Buying in bulk online can save you money, and few in-person stores offer bulk options. Companies that exist in online retail can hold more inventory, thus allowing for this type of system.
When you choose to buy delta-8 online, you get to enjoy the convenience of staying home while having the items shipped to your door.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
In the state of Georgia, you may find various delta 8 products sold in-person, usually in vape shops and convenience stores such as places like Augusta or Macon. The problem is that these products may be lower in quality and less fresh due to lower demand in your area. Furthermore, those products may be more expensive to cover the overhead costs of the store in question. Therefore, online is usually your best bet overall.
Enjoy Your Delta 8 in the Peach State Known as Georgia
If you’re a Georgia resident, the good news is that you can legally buy delta 8 products either in-person or online, without any limitations regarding possession, strength or delivery method. Now, you can explore the various products that are available to choose which one is right for you. Ultimately, we believe that buying delta 8 online will give you the best general experience.