Delta 8 THC is the new cannabinoid that everyone is talking about because of its properties that are quite unique from CBD and other hemp-derived compounds that many of us are familiar with. It is a mildly psychoactive compound that results from delta 9 THC which has aged in the hemp plant, and while it’s only a minorly occurring compound in the plant’s chemical composition, it’s now being isolated and concentrated so that we can experience its effects in a more potent way.
If you live in Alabama, you might be wondering whether or not you can legally acquire some delta 8 for your own personal routine. We know that the laws regarding hemp can be confusing and can vary from state to state. That’s why we’re here to clear some things up. No matter if you live in Auburn or Tuscaloosa, we will offer a complete guide to the legality of delta 8 THC in the state of Alabama, while also going into detail about which products are available that can be purchased legally.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Alabama?
First, let’s get the big question out of the way: is delta 8 legal in Alabama? In short, yes. The Farm Bill of 2018 effectively legalized all of the hemp plant’s various derivatives with the exception of delta 9 THC. Delta-8 is therefore legal on a federal level. Some states have made their own laws on delta8 and the hemp plant in general, but Alabama sticks to federal law, which means that the compound can be used legally without risk of legal repercussion.
Furthermore, there are no restrictions on which types of delta 8 products are legal, or how much of the cannabinoid a person can possess at any given time. Therefore, you can use delta 8 freely no matter if you’re using it in Montgomery or Birmingham.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
As you’re about to find out, delta 8 comes in all kinds of exciting and unique delivery methods, just like CBD. So, now we can cover the most popular types of delta-8 products that are legal in Alabama and can be found easily on the market.
- Vape Cartridges: Pre-filled e-liquid carts that attach to a standard low-wattage vape pen. They are completely disposable, and can be found in a wide range of strains and milligram strengths. Also are user-friendly and known for being fast-acting.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Even more user-friendly, being all-in-one systems that require zero maintenance, pre-filled with vape oil and fully charged in terms of the battery. Available in a wide array of strengths and strains.
- Tinctures: Delta 8 tinctures are oil-based products that are absorbed sublingually, meaning under the tongue. Can be found in various milligram strengths as well as flavors and come in dropper bottles for easy dosing.
- Edibles: Can be found in various strains and flavors, and they are ingested, which means they require more time to take effect, but can deliver effects that last for up to 10 hours. The most popular type of edible is the gummy candy.
- Capsules: Could last as long as some edibles but act as an alternative to someone who doesn’t want to ingest additional ingredients. Gel caps are basic delta 8 oil formulas that are swallowed just like supplements.
- Dabs: Also known as concentrates, they are better for experienced users due to containing high concentrations of delta 8 compared to other types of products. This type of product is inhaled with a special dabbing device that allows you to either smoke or vaporize the compound.
- Flower: This is simply the raw buds of hemp that are infused with delta 8 extract. They come in all kinds of popular strains, and can be smoked or vaped, or even cooked with.
- Topicals: Use for transdermal relief, as they absorb through the skin and into the muscles and joints. Therefore, topical solutions do not produce intoxicating effects.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Alabama?
First of all, buying delta 8 online allows you to explore a huge selection of products, compared to what is stocked in stores, which is usually quite a limited selection.
Buying delta 8 online tends to give you better prices, because online companies don’t have the high overhead costs associated with operating a physical store.
Usually, you will find that in-person stores have lower standards because they don’t specialize in delta 8, and their customers are less discerning because of this. Online retailers have to have high standards to satisfy their larger and more knowledgeable customer bases.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers are more likely to offer discounts and special offers, because they need to make room for new inventory, and because they need to attract customers with competitive tactics.
In most cases, the delta-8 that you find online is going to be fresher than what’s available in person. This is because the wider audiences mean a faster turnover rate of inventory. Fresh delta8 is essential as once the compound starts to age and degrade, it becomes less potent and effective.
Bulk Buying Options
Delta 8 purchased online is often sold in bulk as well as individual quantities, and buying in bulk can save you money. The reason why this exists is because online retailers can hold more inventory at once.
Buying delta 8 online is very convenient, as you don’t need to leave your house to buy what you’re looking for.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
Clearly, buying delta 8 online comes with many advantages. The products are likely to be fresher, higher in quality, and more affordably priced. Beyond that, buying it online is a more convenient way to shop, and you’re more likely to find the perfect product for your needs as the selection is far better than what you’ll find in most stores.
Sweet Home Delta 8 Alabama!
As you can see, delta 8 THC is totally legal in the state of Alabama, which means that you can choose from any of the products detailed above to start the perfect routine for your needs. Remember, that although some stores, if you live in say, Mobile or Huntsville, may sell delta 8 in-person, you’re more likely to have a positive experience by opting for online hemp retailers.