Is Delta 8 Legal in Maryland?
Throughout Maryland, like Baltimore or Frederick, more residents are exploring the unique properties of the hemp plant, and mainly its dominant cannabinoid, CBD. Cannabidiol is not the only compound in hemp that’s worth exploring, however. A newer addition to the hemp market is delta 8 THC – binds to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system while producing mildly psychoactive effects. It’s been extracted in a way that lets us experience its properties in a more concentrated way. We also know that the laws regarding the hemp plant in general can be quite confusing, as they seem to change frequently. You might be wondering then, is delta 8 legal in Maryland, and where can you even find high-quality delta 8 products?
Is Delta 8 Legal in Maryland?
Delta 8 THC may seem like a compound that would be illegal throughout the country, but it is not. The Farm Bill of 2018 legalized hemp and its derivatives on a federal level, thus allowing people to explore any hemp product that was shown to contain no more than 0.3% delta 9 THC. Some states have gone ahead and banned delta 8, but Maryland does not happen to be one of those states.
To get more specific, MD law allows people to use delta 8 in any formulation or delivery method, without any limit on the amount that they can possess, or the concentration of delta 8 in a particular product. Therefore, residents of the state are free to explore various ways to incorporate this cannabinoid into their routine.
What Types of Delta 8 THC Products are Available to Me?
One thing that delta 8 THC and CBD share in common is that they come in many of the same forms and delivery methods. We are now going to cover the most popular types of delta 8 products on the market, all of which are perfectly legal according to Maryland law. This will help you come up with a more personalized routine to enjoy your delta-8 experience.
- Vape Cartridges: Pre-filled e-liquid cartridges containing delta-8 extract. They are compatible with standard vape pen devices used for hemp oils. They come in many strains and strengths and are replaceable.
- Disposable Vape Pens: Great for beginners as they require no maintenance, and the battery never needs to be recharged. They’re also available in a variety of milligram strengths and strains.
- Tinctures: Absorb through the sublingual tissue beneath the tongue, and are easy to take due to the fact that they come with a dropper cap. They come in many concentrations and flavor options.
- Edibles: Offer very long-lasting effects and are available in various flavors and potency levels.
- Capsules: Encapsulate the delta-8 extract for easy absorption via the digestive system. Even promote long-lasting effects and come in different strengths.
- Dabs: Concentrates that are high in potency and inhaled via a dabbing device that either allows the user to smoke or vape the product.
- Flower CBD flower that is infused with a delta-8 extract for a more potent delta 8 experience. Choose between pre-rolls and loose buds and select various strains.
- Topicals: Absorb into the muscles and joints through the skin and are not psychoactive.
Where Can I Buy Delta 8 in Maryland?
We strongly believe that buying it online is the way to go, for reasons we’ll get into now. Keep in mind that it’s completely legal to purchase delta 8 online and have it shipped to your home in MD.
When you shop for delta 8 online, you have access to an enormous selection of products containing the cannabinoid, so you can customize your routine with your exact preferences in mind. Buying delta 8 in person can leave you with a disappointingly limited selection.
Another advantage is lower prices. Online retailers don’t need to maintain physical buildings, which brings down overhead costs. Thus, they can sell products more cheaply.
Usually, you’ll discover higher-quality goods online, because online retailers have more competition with one another. This means that you are more likely to find a product that can meet your needs when shopping through online retail.
Amazing Discounts and Special Offers
Online retailers are usually more generous when it comes to special offers and discounts because they need to move inventory more quickly while being competitive on a crowded market.
In most cases, the delta 8 that you will find online is fresher, and therefore more potent. This is because online retailers have faster product turnover rates due to having more customers.
Bulk Buying Options
Usually, you can buy in bulk online, at a discounted price, in order to stock up while saving money. Online retailers can hold more inventory, which is why this option exists.
If you want convenience, go with online shopping, as you can buy delta-8 products from the comfort of your couch.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
We are not saying that all delta 8 sold in places like Laurel or Annapolis is “bad”, but the reality is that you are more likely to have a positive experience by buying online. Buying delta 8 in-person may leave you with product that’s lacking in freshness and quality, while being more expensive. Furthermore, the selection will likely be disappointingly limited.
Enjoy Your Delta 8 in the Birthplace of the National Anthem
If you live in Maryland, rest assured that it is totally legal to explore delta 8 thc in all of its various forms. So, you can go shopping for the perfect delta 8 product and start a routine at your convenience. Ultimately, we recommend that if you shop for delta-8 that you buy it online and have it shipped to your door.
Keep in mind, that not only is delta 8 THC a legalized cannabinoid, but so are other hemp derivatives such as hemp-derived delta 9 THC, delta 10 THC, THC-O, THC-V, THC-P, HHC, etc. in the state of Maryland.