From Boston to Springfield, to Lowell to Cape Cod, Massachusetts has seen a lot of laws changing in regard to cannabis over the last couple years, with the hemp market suddenly booming and the case for recreational marijuana use coming into the spotlight. The cannabis genus, to which hemp and marijuana belong, has a long and complicated history with the law, and therefore, it’s not surprising that a lot of residents of the state don’t know whether or not they can legally use delta 8 THC, which is a minor cannabinoid extracted from the hemp plant and concentrated to offer its unique effects to the human body.
For those who don’t know, Delta 8 is a mildly psychoactive compound that binds to cannabinoid receptors in the nervous system to promote specific properties that are different enough from those of CBD to make it worthwhile, according to those who have explored the cannabinoid.
Is Delta 8 THC Legal in Massachusetts?
The good news is that in Massachusetts, delta 8 is totally permitted. In 2018, the United States passed the Farm Bill, which legalized the hemp plant in its entirety with the exception of delta 9 THC. Delta-8 is legal and falls in line with federal law by containing a maximum of 0.3% delta 9.
Furthermore, delta 8 is legal in all of its various delivery methods and concentrations, and there are no limits on possession. Some states have restricted specific types of products, and a small handful have outlawed the compound altogether. Because Mass. is not one of those states, residents are free to craft a delta-8 routine as they so desire, and cannot get into trouble for doing so.
Types of Delta 8 THC Products
Like we said, delta 8 THC comes in all kinds of delivery methods, just like the CBD that many of us already take regularly. Knowing which types of products are available can help you come up with a routine that is personalized to your needs, which is why we will be going over the most popular options on the market today.
- Vape Cartridges: Probably the most popular type of delta 8 product carts attach to any standard CBD vape pen. It is pre-filled with delta-8 e-liquid, and is fully disposable. It comes in various strains and milligram strengths.
- Disposable Vape Pens: A more user-friendly option, as they consist of a fully assembled, charged, and filled vaping system that is fully disposable when the e-liquid runs out. These products also come in a variety of concentrations and strains.
- Tinctures: Absorb under the tongue, through the sublingual tissue. They are oil-based products that come in various flavors and milligram strengths, and are packaged in dropper bottles, making it easy to dose out each portion.
- Edibles: Infuse delta 8 extract into tasty edible goods including gummy candies, which are the most popular. They come in different flavors and concentrations, while offering long-lasting effects of up to around 9 hours.
- Capsules: Work similarly to edibles, only they’re swallowed and have minimal ingredients, which means that they may take effect more quickly. Available in various milligram strengths and are often taken with someone’s daily supplements.
- Dabs: Considered to be concentrates, which are highly potent and therefore better-suited for experienced users. They must be used with a special type of dabbing device to vape or smoke the product.
- Flower: Raw hemp flower that is coated or infused with delta 8 THC extract. It comes in a wide range of strains, and you can choose between loose buds and pre-rolls. It’s a naturally full spectrum hemp product.
- Topicals: Are applied to the skin, allowing the compound to absorb into the joints and muscles. Topical solutions do not seem to produce psychoactive effects.
Where Can I Buy Delta-8 THC in Massachusetts?
Delta 8 is becoming increasingly popular, so it’s not surprising that it is more widely available than ever before. In MA, you may come across some vape shops or gas stations carrying delta-8 products. However, we feel that the best route to go is buying delta8 online, for reasons that we will discuss at length right now.
Buying delta 8 THC online gives you a broader selection of products that are available. While in-person stores may carry a handful of delta-8 products, online retailers allow you to choose from any type of product you’d like to explore.
Purchasing delta 8 online gives you access to better prices, because online retailers don’t have to pay the high overhead costs associated with in-person stores. This means that you might be able to save quite a bit of money with online retail.
In most cases, delta-8 sold online has higher quality standards. These businesses have more demanding clientele who expect only the best-quality options on the market.
Better Discounts and Special Offers
Most online retailers provide access to special discounts and offers in order to increase competitiveness throughout the online marketplace.
Shopping for delta 8 online makes it more likely that you will end up with a fresh and fully potent product, because they have higher turnover rates.
Bulk Buying Options
Delta 8 is often sold in bulk online, at great discounts. This is because these companies have more inventory in their facilities. Therefore, you can stock up and save simultaneously.
Simply put, buying delta 8 online is more convenient as you do not need to get dressed and leave your home.
Why In-Person Options May Not Be Ideal
Delta 8 sold in stores around areas such as Fall River, New Bedford, Chelsea, Peabody, or even Worcester may not have the quality level that you’re looking for, or the freshness. Not to mention, you will likely end up with a limited product selection, while the prices are higher than what you would find online. So, it is always best to look for delta-8 online, rather than shopping in a local vape shop or convenience store.
It’s Good to See the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Support Delta 8
Throughout Massachusetts, delta 8 THC is fully legal in all of its many wonderful forms. If you would like to explore what this cannabinoid has to offer, then consider looking for quality delta 8 in the online marketplace, where you’ll find exceptional products at great prices, while having a huge selection to choose from.