- Everyone is talking about using delta 8 for focus and concentration – one of the cannabinoids extracted from hemp with multiple fascinating features. Delta-8 THC has a lot in common with delta-9 THC and behaves similarly to CBD in terms of how the human body processes it. Yet, it may offer unique effects that separate it from other compounds in hemp, and many features are being researched to collect more evidence-based data. So, let’s find out: does delta 8 help with focus?
How does Our Concentration Work?
We all can choose what to pay attention to and what to ignore. This attentional control can also be described as an individual’s ability to concentrate. Focus and concentration as cognitive functions are carried out in the frontal areas of our brains. They are also closely related to the processes of working memory.
However, our cognitive function can decline or become disrupted due to a number of factors: getting older or having certain mental conditions like PTSD, depression, ADHD, anxiety, etc. A staggering number of seniors develop dementia, a disease caused by cognitive decline. Other factors can include poor sleep, hormonal imbalances, and dietary deficiencies, as proper nutrition contributes to overall brain health.
Concentration is a key part of many cognitive processes, as is being able to stay focused on tasks without getting distracted or feeling like our brains are foggy. When we focus well, we can more easily solve problems, create new ideas and be more productive.
On the other hand, if we are struggling to focus and concentrate, it can harm our lives in many different ways. Concentration and focus are essential for successful studying, working in a high-pressure job, or managing other responsibilities where you need to be on top of your game.
Cannabinoids’ Effects on Cognition
So, where do cannabinoids like delta-8 THC factor in? Cannabinoids are a class of compounds unique to cannabis, including the hemp and the marijuana plants. The difference between the last two is that hemp, unlike marijuana, has no more than 0.3% of delta-9 THC.
Cannabinoids work by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS), a biological system in our bodies involved in regulating some of the cognitive processes like memory, and also plays an important role in neural functions like learning and motivation.
ESC is a network of cannabinoid receptors (CR) that responds to cannabinoids like THC, CBD, etc. Cannabinoid receptors are tasked with regulating certain bodily functions to impact their performance. Different cannabinoids interact with various receptors in the endocannabinoid system. THC, for example, binds to CB1 receptors, which are present in the central nervous system, while THCV (tetrahydrocannabivarin) antagonizes it.
Delta 8 THC May Help with Focus and Concentration
Delta 8 may be best known for being the only legal psychoactive cannabinoid, but its fascinating nature does not stop there. The general properties of delta 8 THC are particularly strong and noticeable.
As of now, there have not been any evidence-based studies on delta 8’s effects that relate to cognition, including focus and concentration. This means that we can only share what we know about delta-9 THC, as their structure and effects are similar enough to give us some insight into delta 8’s potential, taking into consideration that delta 8 is a milder form of delta-9.
We know that there is an association between marijuana use and forgetfulness, which would imply some level of cognitive impairment that results from using THC. There are also reasons to believe that delta-8 THC might have the potential to help with these cognitive functions.
Strain Type Matters
Also, if you go for a delta 8 for focus – that comes in a variety of strain profiles, you’ll want to know which one gets you which effects. Sativa strains are known to be more energizing, but someone might feel as if it is hard to concentrate. At the same time, indica strains are more sedating, more relaxing, and keep your mind clear.
Quantity Makes a Difference
How much delta-8 THC you take may also play a role. Dosage is important no matter which substance you are playing with. In any case, the best approach would be to start low and slow.
Timing is Everything
If you need to boost concentration for a specific task, you will want to time your delta-8 dosage so that it peaks when you want it to. The delivery method is very important here, as the time for the effects to kick in depends on it. For example, while vaping will get you the effects almost immediately, edibles will need about two hours, give it or take. So keep this in mind.
How To Use Delta 8 THC For Better Focus
Delta 8 is still a relatively unknown cannabinoid compared to CBD. Still, researchers are eagerly exploring its effects, including those that pertain to focus and concentration. This means that we cannot yet say whether or not it helps with focus and concentration, as we do not have any evidence-based data to support such claims. But, given what we know about hemp as a whole, this cannabinoid may help regulate several functions of our brains.
Delta 8 THC For Focus Dosage Chart & Guide
As it is known, delta-8 THC is not as potent as delta-9; still, people may sometimes overconsume it and have overwhelming experience with few adverse effects. To avoid that, we present an overall recommended dosage chart for delta-8 THC:
- Beginners or low tolerance: 5 to 8mg;
- Regular users or moderate tolerance: 8 to 35mg;
- Strong users or high tolerance: 35 to 60mg.
The above-mentioned chart can be a starting or a relative point. One can always use a dosing guide below:
Weight Light Effects Strong effects 80 lbs (35 kg) 5 mg 15 mg 100 lbs (45 kg) 6 mg 20 mg 120 lbs (55 kg) 8 mg 27 mg 140 lbs (65 kg) 9 mg 32 mg 160 lbs (72 kg) 10 mg 36 mg 180 lbs (82 kg) 12 mg 40 mg 200 lbs (90 kg) 13 mg 45 mg 220 lbs (100 kg) 14 mg 50 mg 240 lbs (108 kg) 15 mg 54 mg 260 lbs (118 kg) 17 mg 60 mg
The delivery method, body mass, tolerance level and your own goals are the other factors to consider when consuming delta 8.
The Best Delta 8 THC Product Types for Focus and Concentration?
Here are some best sellers in this category if you’re interested in trying out delta 8 THC focus and concentration.
- Binoid Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridge – Lemon Haze is a great choice to achieve energizing, concentrating, and talkative effects. Sativa strain behind it is a cross of Lemon Skunk and Silver Haze and is perfect for addressing stress, depression, and anxiety.
- Binoid Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridge – Blue Dream is amazing for having the sensation of full-body relaxation after a loooong day. A hybrid, this cannabis offers a complete package of relaxing and resting effects, which makes it one of our top sellers.
- Binoid Delta 10 + Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridge – Pineapple Express combines premium delta-10 and Binoid’s best 92% delta-8 THC distillate, providing you with a burst of uplifting and energizing vibes. It also gets you creative, talkative, and happy.
- 3Chi Delta 8 THC Gummies can be an interesting and exciting experience for users as it hits completely different. You might feel happy, uplifted, and relaxed. Helps with anxiety and stress.
- Delta Extrax (Effex) Delta 8 THC Vape Cartridge – Strawberry Cough is a potent strain with mysterious genetic origins. Strawberry Cough is a great solution in times of elevated stress or you just need something extra to get you through your day.
All of these products are for sure lab-tested and contain only high-quality ingredients to get your concentration and focus to their fullest.
Where To Buy Delta 8 for Focus & Concentration
Weed.com has a wide variety of delta 8 for focus products so that any user, even the most meticulous one, will find something to their liking. We also have a large selection of flavors and dosages.
Does Delta 8 THC Help with Focus and Concentration?
November 30, 2020