Cannabis Herbal Tea Tisane
- Prep Time5 minutes
- Cook Time10-15 minutes
Looking for a way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis without actually smoking it? Look no further than this cannabis-infused herbal tea recipe. Perfect for a cozy night in or a relaxing afternoon break, this tea is easy to make and delicious to drink.
- 1-2 grams of cannabis flower or shake
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups of water
- 1-2 teaspoons of your favorite loose-leaf herbal tea (such as chamomile, mint, or lavender)
- Honey or sugar (optional)
Going Step by Step
- Grind the cannabis flower or shake into small pieces.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the ground cannabis to the saucepan and stir well.
- Simmer the cannabis and butter or oil mixture on low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture turns a light brown color.
- Add the water and loose-leaf herbal tea to the saucepan and continue to simmer on low heat for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a mug.
- Add honey or sugar to taste, if desired.
- Give it a try and enjoy!
- Be sure to grind the cannabis into small pieces to help it infuse better with the butter or oil.
- Keep the heat low and be patient when simmering the cannabis and butter or oil mixture to prevent burning or overheating.
- Use a high-quality loose-leaf herbal tea for the best flavor.
- Start with a small amount of cannabis (1 gram or less) if you are new to edibles or have a low tolerance.
- Store any leftover tea in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
We are sure you are a perfect cook! Nonetheless, do remember to pay attention to the amount of Cannabis Herbal Tea (Tisane) you consume: it should always be modified based on the strength of your product and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky, so it is strongly recommended to start with one portion of a serving. After one or two hours, listen to your body and decide whether to consume more. It is not recommended to drive or operate any machinery when taking edibles. Use responsibly!